|Game Title:||The Legend of Heroes: Trails from Zero|
|Original Title:||英雄伝説 零の軌跡|
|Release Date:||June 14, 2013|
This is a copy of Geofront’s updated launch day (v1.0.1) English translation patch.
The 4th game in the Legend of Heroes Trails series and the 1st game in the Crossbell arc.
The city of Crossbell is a crossroads of sorts between the Erebonian Empire, the Liberl Kingdom, and the Calvard Republic geographically, causing it to become a central hub of trade for the continent of Zemuria. This has caused several geopolitical issues over territorial disputes on the trade area between the two major players: Erebonia and Calvard.
This part of the saga stars a young new recruit to the police force named Lloyd Bannings, who gets assigned to the Special Support Section (SSS), and he and his gang pretty much does tasks that the police neither has the time or the will to do. Pretty similar to a Bracer guild in functionality, right?
Gameplay for the most part is identical to the Trails in the Sky subseries since release wise, this is the sequel to the three chapters. They added combination crafts and some new orbal arts.
Chronologically this occurs right after the Liberl arc from Trails in the Sky and concurrently with the Erebonian arc from Trails of Cold Steel as both the Special Support Section and Class VII (Cold Steel’s protagonist group) are established on the same year.
- Operating system: Windows XP or latest
- CPU: Dual core Processor
- Memory: 2GB Ram
- Hard drive: 5GB Available Space
- Graphics hardware: Intel HD 2000 or better
How to Play:
In this 7zip archive, you will be getting the setup for the Japanese game and the Geofront patch. These instructions are based on the Geofront install method “Install the game from the install media” aka install directly using the Japanese setup detailed here.
- Extract the 4 part 7Zip files using 7Zip File Manager or the latest Winrar.
- Extract Geofront_ZeroLauncher_1.0.zip, which is the patch, as a new folder
- Run the setup.exe within it and when it asks what to use to install, direct the file path for install to F5Setup5.exe.
- Choose a file path location for the game and install the full game.
- After installing all the stuff, launch the game. You can do this though the ZeroLauncher.application file from the patch zip or launching the ED_ZERO.exe from the place you installed the game folder. (Can also make a desktop shortcut from the Launcher’s file dropdown)
If you game feels laggy, I recommended turning VSync on.
Optional: Evolution voice mod
- Unzip the 7zip archive, the voice files are in data/talk
- Just drag the data folder contents to your game folder’s data subfolder.
- The final voice files location should be ED_ZERO/data/talk
- In the options menu, go to Sound and check the box for additional voices.
Optional: Evolution BGM mod
- Unzip the 7Zip archive and copy/paste the data folder contents to your game folder’s data subfolder.
- Final folder locations should be ED_ZERO/data/bgm_evo
- Launch the game and, in the options menu, go to Sound and you can switch to the Evolution soundtrack or even Custom if you want to pick and choose specific tracks in Sound Test!