In this guide i’ll teach you to install pro cfw on your PSP. This guide works for all PSP even if you never hacked the console or you have a very outdated one so just follow this steps and you’ll end up a very solid CFW that can play every new game released, PSN games, homebrew, emulators, themes and all you need for you PSP.
Disclaimer: nblog.org does not take any responsibility for the damage this may cause to your PSP. Follow the instructions precisely pay attention to what you are doing and read beforehand, if you shutdown your PSP while updating it will break.
Start by checking your actual firmware:
- On your PSP go to Settings – System settings – System information.
- Look at what it says on System Software:
Once you know what firmware you have proceed accordingly:
- If you have NO CFW proceed to “Update PSP to 6.60“.
- If you have a version of PRO older than 6.60 run PROUPDATE and press triangle to uninstall it. (PROUPDATE is included with 6.60 PRO-C Fix3 download)
- If you have Prometheus 5.50 CFW installed you might need to edit the “version.txt” before you cna move on with the guide:
- Press select on your psp then change usb device to flash 0.
- Connect your psp on your computer go to vsh folder.
- Go to etc folder and open version txt.
- Change release from 9.90 to 5.50 and save.
Things you should know:
- This can be permanent only for PSP 1000 and some earlier 2000 models but for the rest you’ll need to reactivate it if you shutdown your PSP.
- Your old saved progress in games might not work after updating.
Updating PSP to 6.60:
- Connect the PSP system to the PC using the USB cable.
- Go to the memory stick of the PSP, navigate to PSP -> GAME folder
- Inside the GAME folder create a new folder and name it UPDATE.
- This is the full path:
- Download the official firmware version 6.60, choose the one corresponding to your PSP model:
- After downloading the EBOOT.PBP for your model, copy it to the UPDATE folder created on step 2.
- Unplug the PSP, now use the PSP to navigate to the Game menu -> Memory Stick -> PSP update and press X to launch it.
DONE! (But not over!) proceed to install pro cfw…
Installing Pro CFW on your PSP:
Note: There’s a newer version of PRO (C2) which have problems with some PSN games so i recommend you to use PRO-C Fix3 which works for all games
- Download 6.60 PRO-C Fix3
- Extract the zip.
- You will find 3 folders in there:
- PROUPDATE: Needed to uninstall/install pro cfw.
- FastRecovery: Needed to reactivate the CFW after shutting down the console.
- CIPL_Flasher: Neeeded to permanently install pro cfw (Only works with 1000 and some 2000 models)
- Connect the PSP system to the PC using the USB cable copy those folders into your psp GAME directory. Example:
- Unplug the PSP USB cable, now use the PSP to navigate to the Game menu use PRO UPDATE install pro cfw.
- After running PROUPDATE a menu will appear, press X to install, the console will reboot itself and that’s it.
Make sure everything is working fine:
- Settings – System settings – System information.
- It should say 6.60 PRO-C now:
Every time you turn off your console (by holding the switch like 10 seconds) you will have to run the FastRecovery utility to activate the CFW again.
But If you have a PSP 1000/2000 it’s possible to make the CFW permanent using CIPL_Flasher, if your model is not supported it will tell you so.
How to play downloaded PSP ISOS:
- Download some PSP ISOs from CDRomance.
- Create a folder on the root of the memory stick named “ISO” (root is: “not inside any folder”)
- Copy the ISO inside that folder.
Note: Never put ISO files inside the \PSP\GAME\ folder they will show as corrupted data.