Google DNS are most likely faster and better than your own ISP DNS. And if you happen to live in Portugal you will not be able to access nicoblog at all if you don’t do this, since the country decided to block us. But not only that this is recommended for any user of the internet since local ISP tend to block websites at a DNS level you can bypass most blocks with by using Google DNS. Here’s how:
- Go to the Control Panel – > Network Settings -> Network and sharing Center.
- On the left sidebar click “Change adapter settings”
- Right click your local area network and click Properties.
- Select “Internet Protocol version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and click properties.
- Select “Use the following DNS server addresses”
- Set preferred DNS server to: 126.96.36.199
- Set Alternate DNS server to: 188.8.131.52
- Click OK on all dialogs.
It should look like the image above. Now you will be able to access the site from portugal and many other sites blocked by your ISP, you’ll also resolve sites a bit faster than your default DNS at least in theory. =)